Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Controller is Wellbird Education Lda, also trading as iPassIELTS.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information we collect from you
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information:
If you have provided us with the personal data of another person you confirm that they consent to the processing of their personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above or elsewhere) for which their personal data will be processed.
The provision of your name, email address and address are required to enable Us to register you as a user of our Website.
We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to Us.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Lawful basis for processing
We process your data in order to perform our obligations pursuant to the terms and conditions, as displayed on our Website. This is the lawful basis on which We collect and use your personal data.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with our services
- To ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device(s) you use to access and view the Website
- To alert you to any news and/or service changes
- To provide you with information and offers that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Insofar as is necessary in order for Us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, We will not share your data with third parties unless We have procured your express consent to do so.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data are kept secure, including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Keeping your personal data up to date
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing your profile on the Website, or by contacting us using the contact details below. If you have any questions about how We use data collected which relates to you, please contact us by sending a request by email to the contact details below.
How long we keep your personal data
We will hold any information you input or contained in any attachments you upload such as your name, email address, date of birth, geographical address/location for as long as you have registered an account with Us, unless you notify Us otherwise or terminate your account.
Any financial data (where you have made payment to us for our services) will be retained for 10 years in accordance with applicable tax laws.
Data such as IP addresses will be retained for at least a period of 1 year from its first entry into our logs.
Data collected in relation to your interaction (such as ‘clicks’) with content on our website shall be retained indefinitely and aggregated into non-personal and statistical data on expiry of the retention period for the IP address associated to such data.
Where we store your personal data
The data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your orders, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
In particular, your data may be stored by iPassIELTS hosting service provider on servers in the USA as well as in the EU. The USA does not have the same data protection laws as Portugal and EEA. Whilst the European Commission has not given a formal decision that such countries provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the Portugal and EEA, any transfer of your personal data will be subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. This framework is designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal data. Details of the EU – US Privacy Shield Framework are available here
If you would like further information please contact Us (see ‘Contact’ below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of Portugal OR EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) > ENGLISH and Regulamento Geral de Proteção de Dados (RGPD) > PORTUGUESE - you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Policy is already designed to address
- require Us to correct any mistakes in your information which We hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- please contact Us (see ‘Contact’ below).
- let Us have enough information to identify you
- let Us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- let Us know the information to which your request relates
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that We can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
In the UK this supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
If you would like more information on anything in this policy, please do get in touch with our Supporter Contact Team.
- Post: Supporter Contact, Wellbird Education Lda, Travessa da Arrochela, 49 3E, 1200-031, Lisbon, Portugal
OTHER USEFUL LINKS/INFORMATION
Last updated May 24, 2018 © 2009 iPassielts.com. All rights reserved.