What we do
iPass offers unique online IELTS courses which provide a blended approach to test preparation, combining self-study lessons with 1-2-1 coaching and personal feedback.Since it was founded in 2005 it has grown to become one of the leading global online IELTS course providers. iPass was set up by Nigel Haines and Jenny Bedwell who are both native English teachers at the British Council and have over 35 years teaching experience between them. Jenny has also been a Cambridge examiner since 2002.
“I met Nigel in 2003 while working together in Portugal. The idea for iPass came about because we wanted to be able to give non-native English speakers from all kinds of backgrounds the opportunity to prepare for the IELTS test regardless of their work or family commitments or their physical location. By providing an alternative to traditional face-to-face courses, we allow students to study at their own pace and at their own convenience while still getting the support and guidance from experienced and well qualified teachers. Through our personal style of online coaching, they have found that they can trust us to help them improve their English in preparation for IELTS.”
Jenny - iPass co-founder & tutor
“For me, the great thing about iPass is that we get to teach students from all over the world and play a key part in helping them to reach their goals, both academically and professionally. Our students are ambitious, hard-working, and know exactly what they want to achieve and as a teacher it’s a real pleasure to be part of their journey by helping them to succeed in the IELTS test.”Over the last 12 years the iPass team has helped hundreds of candidates around the world to achieve the IELTS scores they need for their future work and study plans.
Nigel - iPass co-founder & tutor
- Facebook – we have 284,000 likes on our facebook page which shares IELTS information and advice, vocabulary quizzes, IELTS skills practice and weekly competitions.
- Twitter – have over 3,900 followers and post daily tweets about our latest competitions and special offers, IELTS test tips, good luck messages and the test results of iPass students.
- YouTube – our most popular IELTS speaking test video has had over 1 million views, making it one of the most successful IELTS videos online.
- IELTS amigo – our free social networking website for IELTS students. It currently has 1370 members who can meet online and practice their English together and share their IELTS experiences.
- Flipboard – our online magazine which allows users to "flip through” social-network and website feeds related to IELTS. It currently has 14,000 viewers and 542 followers.
- Newsletters – we have over 1500 members who subscribe to our monthly newsletter which informs them about new promotions, competitions and course updates.